Tuesday, September 20, 2011

9/16/11 FRIDAY - ROMANTIC SICILY

After a beatiful drive back up the coast to Catania airport to pick up our automatic car, we drove back in fine order.  I laughed out loud in relief when I saw other driver's shifting as they drove.  A hearse pulled around us and I was indignant that despite white/black smoke coming out of his exhaust, "His car was still running, why weren't mine?" .... well a few yards down the road he had pulled over and he had a fire going pretty good on the undercarriage.  So with that, I put the whole thing behind me and we spent the afternoon just chilling out at the agriturismo.

 Our plan was to go into town (Cassibile\and buy some wine, cheese and bread.  Chiara and Lawrence would have none of that so put together a wonderful antapasta meal with wine for us that evening out on the veranda.  We later walked out to pool with our wine and enjoyed looking at the stars.  We realized we couldn't find the big or little dipper in USA or Sicily!!




We shared the space with the 4 farm dogs whom we had grown quite fond of.  They would greet us in the morning and when we came home, meet us at the gate our car passed thru to get onto the property.  They came to you but were not all over you, our kinda pet!!

At night they stood guard outside our window in the courtyard.  During the day they rested on the coolness of the stone floors.  Ahhh, a dogs life in Sicily.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually dogs are leaving mud-prints on the stone floors and inside the house! I hope you are doing fine and having fun with the "new" car.
    I don't know who CIARO is, I only know Chiara here :D
    Take care and come back soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete