The day really was a day of rest for me. I had wrenched my back in bed last night and couldn't move, much less drive the 6 hour planned scenic route from Siracusa area to our home base in Scopello. From the southeast end of the island to the northwest end. And, sadly, no carnal knowledge was used to put me in this situation. We were fortunate to have met a lovely couple from south of London who were also staying at the agriturismo. Malcom & Marion offered to take John into town to get food. Best of all, Marion had some anti-inflamatory meds that along with rest would get me fit for travel soon. We had some good laughs with them over my possibly killing two cars in 1 day and now the wrenched back. They gave us their email to be added to the blog I told them I was going to start. I think they want to make sure we get home in one piece and something they don't have to worry about forever not knowing for sure!!!
We rented the room for another night and waited for meds and rest to kick in. Having never flown outside of the USA, I really thought airport screening would find John's old Vicodin I harbor for times just like this. I didn't want to see him flying on an old prescription and being locked away so I didn't hide any within his other meds. Drat, it really did hurt !!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment